Have an Emergency?
Call us 24/7
RESIDENTIAL MOLD DETECTION & REMOVAL SERVICES
One of the worst contaminants known is the silent but dangerous growth of mold. Mold can grow indoors on wet or damp surfaces such as wallpaper, ceiling tiles, carpets, insulation material, wood, and drywall. It can start to grow within 48 hours, and if left unchecked, can have serious impacts on both your quality of life and your home's physical structure. If you see signs of mold or suspect that it has infected your home, we're here to help remediate the problem and prevent long-term damage.
DON'T LET YOUR HOME AND HEALTH BE RUINED WITH MOLD!
Mold is present everywhere in nature, but when it finds its way into your home it can be a major problem. We use infrared technology as part of the mold detection process and special chemicals to help remediate the mold and protect your home.
WHY IS MOLD A PROBLEM?
Molds gradually destroy the things they grow on and can grow anywhere:
Furnishings and more
In your home, all molds have the potential to cause side-effects:
Aggravation of asthma symptoms
We're ready to restore your home or place of business following any disaster.
24/7 our trained and well-equipped experts respond to your emergency needs.
With you as our priority, we say what we do, and do what we say.
WHAT IS MOLD?
Mold is a fungus that can be found both indoors and outdoors. No one knows how many species of mold exist, but estimates range from tens of thousands to perhaps three hundred thousand or more. Mold spreads and reproduces by making spores. Spores can survive conditions that are too sunny, hot, cold, dry, or wet for mold to grow. When spores are released they can be carried by air or water to new locations.
Where Does Mold Come From?
Molds thrive in moist environments created by a flood, slow leak, broken pipe, or just high humidity. Without water, mold cannot grow. Mold also needs a food source, oxygen, and a temperature between 40 and 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
How Does Mold Spread?
For molds to grow and reproduce, they need an organic food source, such as cellulose, which is found in building materials such as wood and drywall.
Are There Any Warning Signs to Look For?
If there are dark spots on your ceiling, floors, or walls this is a sure sign of mold growth. Musty odors and mildew are often signs that mold may be growing in your home. Respiratory and allergy symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, trouble breathing and wheezing are a common indicator of mold growth as well. Also, high humidity levels such as condensation on glass and metal surfaces are a warning sign of mold.
The Special Challenges of Mold
Despite what's readily known about mold, it remains the subject of a lot of confusion.
Mold is an issue that can affect the health of your family and compromise the physical structure of your home.
Mold and mildew grow best in warm, damp, and humid conditions.
Mold may never become visible, since it can grow in the walls and under the floor.
If more than two days have passed, any wet materials will be affected by mold, even if it's not yet visible.
Whether you can see a problem or merely suspect its presence, only a professional can help identify the source and extent of the challenge.
Home remedies like bleach can cause more problems.
CAN I GET RID OF MOLD BY MYSELF?
Doing it yourself is not recommended. At ServiceMaster Restore®, our experts have completed intensive mold remediation training and received instructions on the proper procedures for handling mold claims.